Unifamily Organisation – Tanzania
‘Our object is to reduce the number of teenagers pregnancies and early marriages’.
Unifamily Organisation is based in Nyarugusu refugee camp in northwest Tanzania.
The camp is one of the world’s biggest, home to around 150,000 people, mainly refugees from Burundi and Democratic Republic of Congo.
Unifamily works in the camp to try to reduce teen pregnancies and gender-based violence, and they requested our DVDs in 2019.
The organisation has received 14 DVDs.
Feedback – DVD lesson titles: Becoming a Woman, Becoming a Man and Safer Sex for Teenagers.
- Date of viewing : 11th of november 2019.
- How many people watched the discs? 72 Teenagers.
- What sort of a group was it? It was a group of teenagers including boys and girls aged 12 to 19.
- Were the DVDs relevant to your community? Yes, the DVD was relevant to our community.
- What was good about the DVDs? The good about the DVD was that it gives the teenagers good instructions on how to behave and abstain with the bad sex and say no to early sexual relation. Some of our participants are now aware of what they did not know before.
- What was bad about the DVDs? There was no bad about the DVD.
- Do you think people learned somethings through viewing this DVDs? YES.