Action Communautaire pour le Developpement du Kivu (ACDK) asbl
ACDK is an apolitical and non-denominational organisation created in Goma on March 10th, 2012, under Congolese law, and acting in a humanitarian and developmental character.
The main mission of ACDK asbl DR Congo is the promotion and supervision of the poor, the youth, the protection of women and children in order to strengthen their participation in peace-building processes, the fight against global warming, socio-economic development strategies, and poverty reduction within communities.
The ACDK asbl has as beneficiary groups of its actions:
the local communities, the poor, the elderly, the children, the discriminated, the victims, the displaced, the refugees, the returnees and the victims of atrocities and violence, young people working, people from armed groups and people from natural disasters.
It primarily focuses its attention on young people in particularly difficult situations, children, the elderly, women, people living with disabilities and indigenous people (pygmies).
Contribute to the improvement of the socio-economic living conditions of the populations and to the development of the DRC in general and of Kivu in particular, by the promotion of concrete self-care actions to fight against poverty and the protection of ecosystems in rural and urban areas.
- Promote and protect human rights (men, women, youth, children and daughter-inlaw).
- Promote the civic education of the population and the development of democratic culture.
- Participate in any humanitarian action in favor of poor people, war displaced persons, refugee’s victims of natural disasters.
- Supervision and assistance of vulnerable populations of all categories (senior citizens, widows and widowers, orphaned children, street children, prisoner, indigent, etc.).
- Promotion and supervision of youth.
- Participate in the rehabilitation of public and social infrastructure in rural and urban areas.
- Initiate or participate in actions to promote clean and renewable electrical energy.
- Environmental protection, climate and rehabilitation of the ozone layer.
- Encourage agro-pastoral production for food self-sufficiency through improved seeds and improved domestic animals.
- Improve and promote fishing in rural and urban areas.
- Fight against sexual and domestic violence and against contagious diseases.
- Promote accessibility to basic social services, particularly in rural areas and in general in urban areas.
The main peculiarity of ACDK asbl in DR Congo as to its strategies, is its great determination to go as far as other actors do not want to go to achieve its objectives.
ACDK was created on March 10, 2012 in accordance with Congolese Law No. 004/2001 of July 20, 2001 laying down general provisions applicable to Non-Profit Organizations and Establishments of Public Utility in the DRC. It operates under N ° 023/2017 of 24/01/2017 of the register of the notary office of Goma and cooperates with the Specialized Services of the Congolese State in each of its areas of intervention as well as with International Organizations, National and Local.